2.2.12

Still here. . .

Happy New Year!! Just in time a la Chinese calendar.

Hello, hello everyone! I am finally getting into creative mode again. It's been a long and hectic hiatus and my mind has certainly been on overdrive with all sorts of fun new projects. I'm starting off with a new, sweetheart owl pincushion design for Valentine's day. I've used felt roses to adorn these cushions instead of the usual daisies. It's my first time making these and I've created them with felt strips in two colors. The alternating colors definitely give them more depth. Aren't they luscious and lovely?

If you look closer, there's an itty bitty ladybug peeking from underneath each rosebud.

I did pick up crocheting over the long holiday. I went a little mad whipping up kitchen cloths as Christmas gifts. I gave everyone I know a set, but then, they all seem to shy away from using them because they say they're too pretty! I really wanted to impress the necessity of waste reduction, but I think many of these ended up as display!


Of course, I had to try making some cute little dollies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment